Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kentucky or Bust #2

Kentucky at last!!! I spent this past weekend hanging out with my brother and sister-in-law, Ben and Kelly, and my nephew, Owen, in Louisville, KY. Thanks for letting me invade! I had a great time, even though Kentucky weather did not behave for me; I traveled South to escape the Michigan cold and ended up wearing my winter coat and mittens the entire time anyways.

Ben and Kelly: they delivered the news to me that there is to be a new addition to their family in September of this year. How could I not be excited???!!!! Yep, I'm going to be an Aunt once again. Though Ben's arm is covering the logo, I just wanted to clarify that yes, Kelly is once again wearing her Crush shirt in a blog photo....some things just never change. But to those of you who fear that she threw the shirt out, be reassured....its legacy lives on.
My O-bug!!! The sweetest, smartest, cutest, and funniest 1 yr. old around....hands down! I love that little guy, and he loves.....well, he loves carrying around water bottles, as you can see in the pic below.
After church on Sunday, we picked up groceries at Sam's club. Owen is a total Daddy's Boy-- that kid's face lights up and he squeals every time Ben is gone and returns home. I'd like to say Ben is just as excited, but I must clarify that, unlike Owen, he doesn't squeal. He's a great daddy, and I'm proud of what a great job he is doing with my O-bug. Here they are trying out the leather furniture at Sam's Club.

Bath time!! I got to Louisville shortly before it was Owen's bath time, so we got to try out the new bath bubbles that Grandma sent down with me. We had fun playing with the toys and making lots of noise.

Supper at Qdoba's. Owen and I decided to sport the winter wear via our hats. Owen's, of course, is way cooler because he is sporting his U of M colors. Notice, though, that his hands are full. He has full ownership of the sippy cup and snack cup, and nobody...and I mean Nobody...can get away with confiscating it for very long.

Such a sweet little boy. He still loves that thumb.

I spent some time with Kelly at her workplace ( which is a private home where she has a babysitting job) on Monday morning. Ben stopped by at lunchtime,shortly before I headed back for Michigan. As I left the house to travel North, my little guy waved good-bye from the doorway. How could I not smile at that cute guy?? He does say my name, but it comes out more like "Sza-Sza".

Aunt Sarah loves you Owen!!!! You're such a good boy! Thanks for a fun weekend.






7 Comments:

At 9:23 PM , Blogger mj said...

Sega thanks for hanging out with me this weekend! I appreciate you posting about seeing me as well! haha. It was good seeing you and i'm glad you had fun in kentucky!

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Pam said...

What this? Lots of updates from Sarah? LOVE IT! Plus I'm a little suprised :)
Congratulations on being an Aunt again. Fun news! That Owen sure is a cutie and I'm sure the next one will be too. You've had many adventures. We need to see each other again soon. Maybe Evan will even show you his new skills. Walking, kisses, hugs, trying to say anything you say. Miss you!!

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Kelly Glupker said...

Sarah, this post made me laugh more than once. I guess I didn't realize that it was common knowledge that I love my crush shirt! hahaha.
We enjoyed your visit very much and hope you can come down again soon. By the way, it was close to sixty degrees today. :)

 
At 4:07 PM , Blogger chris k said...

Sarah girl, you have been busy! What an update! Great pictures of your family and even though they were from November, it was still fun to read and look at them. Glad you had a good time and what's up with wearing winter clothing in Kentucky? Didn't they get the update that someone from Michigan was coming down? Hello??? Warm weather please. See ya soon nurse glup.

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger Kelly Glupker said...

Seems like every time we have a Michigander visit us they bring with them cold weather. It's 66 degrees today!

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Kara said...

Isn't QDoba the best?!?! And time with family is great, too.

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Phil Luter said...

Wow! I haven't checked lately. You have been busy. I guess I am going to have to do something with my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home