Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Boo Goes to School

The weekend before Labor Day, MJ and I headed up to Bay City, MI to check out the Tall Ships. There were 3 ships docked there on the River: one tall ship from Baltimore and one from Port Huron, and a catamarran that was ( I believe) locally owned. We made it our last "hurrah" before Michael headed to college in Watertown, WI. It was a windy and very warm day as we checked out the 3 ships and were impressed by the extensive rope systems involved with the manipulation of the sails. We had a fun time together exploring the ships and cruising through Bay City.
I know you're going to do great at school, Boo, and I'm going to miss you. Look forward to seeing you in November.





Names of various Great Lakes voyageurs were painted on the sail of the catamarran.






7 Comments:

At 6:09 AM , Blogger Phil Luter said...

It is so good to see a brother and sister that get along so well. We praise God that Chris and Pam have always been close. Someone has said that you don't choose your relatives, you choose your friends. Isn't it great when relatives choose to be friends! I'm happy to include you as a friend. See you in a few weeks. Pray for us in PNG as the Lord brings us to your mind.

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger Kara said...

I sure hope my kids get along as swimmingly as you and your siblings do.

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger chris k said...

I don't usually use the word swimmingly...I'm wondering if this was used by Kara because she was dreaming of a pool or if she saw the water as a background and thought it was refreshing.

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Sarah Glupker said...

Yep, I think we get along 'swimmingly'. When I read that, I hear your voice in my head, Kara, saying it in a "British" accent....kind of like I hear a British accent when I think of the phrase "Cheeky fellow"..but, that's just me I suppose.
I wasn't always quite so excited about hanging out with my brothers, but times can change a woman, you know?

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Kara said...

Yes, Sarah, I know.

I have always wanted to speak in a British accent, but I'm just no good at it. It always ends up being Australian instead, but that's fun, too.

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Sarah Glupker said...

Ahoy, Matie!
I'm anticipating a little Aussie accent when I see you at MOPS on Tuesday, Kara.

G'Day to you

(please don't bring the kangaroos with you...show some restraint, OK?)

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Josh said...

When a pilot is interacting with Air Traffic Control and their conversation comes to an end (if the pilot gets handed off to a different frequency or leaves the controlled airspace or whatever), a pretty typical end to the conversation is for both parties to say "good day". It makes me feel like a member of the Wannabe-Aussie Club every time I hear it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home