Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kentucky or Bust--#1

This past weekend was an all-around "family trip". It was a planned trip to Louisville, KY, but it was taken with a slight detour through Western Michigan. I got to see lots of family, though, in a very condensed period of time, and it was in my estimation a great trip.

Thurs Night: Here is Drew in action, doing what he loves best: coaching basketball. He's a great coach to the 9th-grade team of boys at Birch Run High School. He came away with a "W." Holland, MI: MJ (Michael) had a basketball game in Grand Rapids, so I caught his game against Kuyper College on Friday night, stayed overnight at my Grandma and Aunt's home in Holland, MI and headed off to Louisville on Sat. morning. Here's an early morning photo with my 2 favorite younger brothers-- in all their morning glory-- both radiating a happiness to be alive and ready to go at 8am on a Saturday morn.
My favorite guy on the court: #40 Michael Glupker. Amazingly enough, though he plays for a school in Wisconsin, he sported the Wolverine colors of maize and blue. Clearly, someone in WI has good taste.

The fans in the stands!!! Back row: Mom, Aunt Marty, Uncle Jim, and cousin Jeff.
Front row: Drew and Amanda, Aunt Judy, my Dad.





1 Comments:

At 7:03 PM , Blogger Kara said...

Could your parents possibly sit any farther apart?
j/k, I know they are still madly in love. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home