Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Wolverine in Buckeye Country





Heidi and Elisa Boothe:


fingernail painting time At the beginning of August, I took a quick trip South and headed down to the home of Heidi and Eric Boothe--into the realm of Buckeye territory (Columbus, OH). Fortunately, I came out as an unscathed Wolverine. Heidi is my closest friend in this world, and is the sister I never had. Besides being a great friend, she's a wonderful mother to two little girls: Elisa and Sarah Joy. So, while I have only one nephew by blood relation, I also have two nieces in Columbus, OH. While I visited the Boothe's, I got to take a trip to the local library for "storytime". Elisa walked around with me and would just randomly pick any person in close proximity and say "Hi! This is my friend Aunt Sarah." I guess you could say that we both met several new strangers! We went for a walk in the neighborhood and jumped on the trampoline. We read library books and sang songs with Billy the singing Bass (picture above), painted fingernails, and played toys on the family room floor. Heidi took me out to dinner for my Birthday and we did as we usually do: ate good food and talked/laughed a lot. Nobody in the world like my Heidelia, and I wouldn't trade her for all the money in the world. Nope. Money can NEVER buy a good friend, and I'll treasure those kinds of friends for as long as I can.


4 Comments:

At 5:29 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Those girls sure are cute! I'm so glad you had a good time. I miss you Sarah!!! We need to plan a play date :)

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger Kara said...

I love stories like that! Is Sarah Joy named after you? She must be!

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Sarah Glupker said...

Pam--
Do I get to bring my cats along for the "play date"... they're really quite bad creatures, so my vote is to leave them at my house. But, I'll come and see your Evan any day! quite busy the next few weeks, but I would love to come down any time. Thanks for the invite. I always look forward to seeing you and your brood.

Kara--
Yes siree, 'Sarah Joy' is named after me. That little girl lives up to her middle name! She's so good natured and happy and sweet. Well, I have to clarify a little bit...Heidi liked the name 'Sarah' since she was a young girl (she named one of her dolls that name)and always kind of thought she'd name one of her kids that name, but she also named her after me, and I can't even express how honored I was to hear her tell me that when she called me up the day Sarah Joy was born. Pretty much: we both cried! I love both those girls, but she has a special place in my heart.

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Kara said...

Awwwww! That is so sweet!

I ran into a girl I went to hygiene school with, and when I asked her the names of her kids, she said her daughter's name was Kara. I said, ".... Really?" She said that she told her husband (when discussing baby names) about a girl she knew from college that had the prettiest brown eyes named Kara, and she was talking about me! I felt so honored!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home