Friday, July 11, 2008

Sarah Loves Owen

Into every woman's life (or just about 'every'), there comes along a man who steals her heart. I apparently am no exception since my heart was stolen by a little guy with big blue eyes, brown curls, and the name of 'Owen'. My little nephew was so fun to have around, even if for a few short days. He looks for any opportunity to stand by holding onto your fingers and loves to stuff his mouth with Cheerios. My favorite moment with Owen came on the last night I saw him. Kelly allowed me to put him to bed for the night, and so I carried him upstairs at my parent's home to his playpen that was set up in my old bedroom. He fussed en route to the room, but once we got inside and the lights were out, he calmed right down. I sang a song to him real quietly, and he laid his head on my shoulder for a few minutes before I put him to sleep in his bed. He's such a good little guy and I'm glad I was able to get to snuggle with him, even if it was only a few minutes! It's certainly not an everyday experience for me, and I'll enjoy it when I'm able to do so. I like being "Aunt Sarah".



5 Comments:

At 5:28 PM , Blogger chris k said...

Is that a microphone that Owen is holding? Is the clan starting him early so he is a singer? I tend to like the superman pose with Michael. :)

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger Kelly Glupker said...

Very sweet, Sarah. I'm so glad you have a special bond with him. He's getting very stingy with his kisses, but he's started giving hugs now. He gives them without any prompting. All of the sudden both arms are wrapped around your neck and his face is buried in your shoulder. I love it! I really hope you can make it to his birthday party. We would still love to have you come visit in August too if you can.

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Pam said...

He is one cute guy!!

 
At 2:56 PM , Blogger Kara said...

That is so sweet! Casey's sisters have been gaga over the kids since the day they were born, and I feel the same way about theirs. Being an aunt is great!

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Sarah Glupker said...

the microphone is actually a Christmas ornament that I put in front of him while we were strolling through Bronner's (not my idea of fun, but my aunt and uncle wanted to go there). I don't know if he'll be a singer, but he may be a "spontaneous singer" like his Dad, who bursts into song when you may least expect it...usually in the range of "loud" on the volume scale.
Kelly--- I'm working on the birthday party attendance possibility. I need a good Owen hug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home