Wednesday, May 28, 2008

No Small Thing

Sometimes music just "gets" you.... gets you right in the head or the heart, or it stirs you to think through certain aspects of your life in a new way, so as to evaluate and reflect upon how your life is lived and how it should be lived. Sometimes, it is just a reminder of Truth and how it is applied to Life. The following song just "got" me recently, and thought it applied to many places, spaces, and relationships in life.

Loving a person just the way they are, it's no small thing
It takes some time to see things through.
Sometimes things change, sometimes we're waiting
We need grace either way.
Hold on to me and I'll hold on to you.
Let's find out the beauty of seeing things through.

There's a lot of pain in reaching out and trying
It's a vulnerable place to be.
Love and pride can't occupy the same places, baby
Only one makes you free.
Oh, hold on to me
And I'll hold on to you.
Let's find out the beauty of seeing things through.

If we go looking for offense, we're gonna find it.
If we go looking for real love, we're gonna find it.
Oh, hold on to me and I'll hold on to you.
Let's find out the beauty of seeing things through.

Loving a person just the way they are that's no small thing.
That's the whole thing.
Loving me just the way I am it's no small thing.
It takes some time, it takes some time, it takes some time....

Another favorite from artist Sara Groves. You can catch a snippet of the song at her website, www.saragroves.com

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM , Blogger chris k said...

Waiting, patience, holding on...an every day experience for me! Good song Sarah gurl.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home