Monday, January 22, 2007

Explanations

Many have asked me why I don't blog more often. Many have asked why pictures of my recent trip to Honduras haven't been published on my blog. Many have asked....and asked many times. Can I answer these questions in just a few words? It's called "dial-up internet service." Yep. The world's most frustratingly slow Internet access is what I currently have available to me. So, while all of you advanced techno people log in to your blogspot in about two-point-five seconds, it took me 6 minutes to even get to the point where I could write on my blog. And, I tried downloading just one picture...one picture mind you.... to my blog, and after 15 minutes of waiting for it to even show up, I abandoned that effort altogether. Now for some good news: a company called Charter (heard of it?) is coming to my house this Friday to get me on-board the fast train of Internet service, and then, maybe, you'll hear from me a little more frequently. And, perhaps, I'll visit your sites more frequently as well. Kapeesh?

13 Comments:

At 1:50 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Yippee! You are going to have so much fun zipping around the net!

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger Sarah Glupker said...

You can only move 'up' from the world of dial-up internet, I'm convinced!! Making my way around the Internet is something I have to carve out a big hunk of time for. How fun is that?? Not very much I can tell you!

 
At 6:22 PM , Blogger Kelly Glupker said...

"Kapeesh"?!? The girl who knows that "challah" starts with a C closes her post with "kapeesh"!?! Is this some sort of selective literacy?!

(I would also like to add that I have the best husband in the world.)

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Sarah, It's good to have you blogging. I think you will find that with a faster service zipping around the net is much easier. You will save time compared to the old dialup!

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Sarah,
You sound very intelligent in your blogs, not like some of us. Don't listen to Kelly. :)

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Awesome, you will love the high speed world ! :) WELCOME

 
At 7:33 AM , Blogger Phil Luter said...

I want to add my voice to those who are glad you are getting on board with high speed. I hope that this means you will be writing more or your well thought out and intelligently written thoughts. Its always good to hear others voice your own heart felt opinions and know that you are not alone. By the way the pictures you are not seeing are lots of fun, hope you post a few too.

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Phil Luter said...

Oops. I meant, "more of" (not "more or") "your well thought out ..." I guess I should proof read before I post. I don't know how to edit comments after posting them, does anyone else?

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Kim said...

Unlike Kelly, I enjoyed that you ended your post with "Kapeesh". I could picture you saying it and it made me smile. You are quite witty!!! I look forward to reading more of your posts and seeing your pictures.

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger Kelly Glupker said...

Well, KIM - for the record - Ben posted that comment using my name. Kapeesh?

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Kelly,
Now that I have reread your comments, I can definitely tell which one was Ben's and which one was yours. Maybe Ben should get his own blog!!! Very funny.

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Chris said...

So I saw the Charter truck in your driveway, so I know you have high speed internet...but you haven't updated your blog yet!?!?!

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Jenny LaBo said...

Hey Sarah,
I am listening to Sara Groves right now. I know you like her. There is an awesome web radio thing called pandora.com. I love it you can make any kind of radio station you want. Anyway Sara Groves just came on and it made me think of you. So I hope your night is wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home